The problem was for this car that it wasn’t roadworthy due to the bumper damage
in front.  A new (otherwise unobtanium) AMG bumper from Mercedes was big $$.

I believe a competent body person could have fixed the door skins to be
acceptable if you were willing to have a little bit of Bondo in them.

If you sources the parts yourself and did the work yourself, too, it’s
certainly possible you could salvage the car and have a nice ride.  I’m sure
that’s what ultimately happened with this car.

Dan