On 12/04/2016 4:45 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
The problem was for this car that it wasn’t roadworthy due to the bumper damage
in front.  A new (otherwise unobtanium) AMG bumper from Mercedes was big $$.

I believe a competent body person could have fixed the door skins to be
acceptable if you were willing to have a little bit of Bondo in them.

If you sources the parts yourself and did the work yourself, too, it’s
certainly possible you could salvage the car and have a nice ride.  I’m sure
that’s what ultimately happened with this car.

Dan

There are so few of these around that no one knows what it should look like.
Have a new bumper made and bolt it on. Maybe you can even improve on the design.
Might be cheaper than an MB replacement.
I assume it is a plastic cover over the supporting framework and the major issue was the damage to the plastic cover.
A fiberglass shop should be able to make something presentable.
Or, carve out a wooden facsimile and make it yourself.
Or, the just the right incentive to get yourself a BIG 3D printer.

RB