Per hours flown, which is the safest domestic helicopter?

Engineers on another list argued about the use of full size quadracopters and
similar planes as alternatives to conventional helicopters. They agreed that
the failure of one prop would not mean the aircraft would necessarily crash; as
opposed to the certainty of a crash if a helicopters rotor broke.
The only example I've seen of a man-carrying multi-rotor aircraft was an
experimental that had more than 4 rotors. It didn't look very substantial or
practical, however.
Gerry