Alright, I confess to be the guy who will rebuild injectors for Dan.

I've done about 8 sets so far with good results.  Although I don't usually
keep cars long enough to know the long term reliability, I did a set for my
uncle's 300TD about 40k miles ago and its now one of the quietest 617s I've
heard.  (It takes a few thousand miles to break these it)

Anyway, its a pretty simple process and the quality of the rebuilt is
completely determined by how much time you're willing to invest.  For
example, you could do 5-6 injectors in an hour by just swapping out the
nozzles and not adjusting the opening pressures.

Adjusting the pressures is what takes the most time.  You have to put them
together, test, then take them apart and change the shim if an adjustment
is needed.  You end up taking apart each injector 2-3 times.  You also have
to carefully polish all sealing surfaces on a very flat surface to ensure
they don't leak.

I just did a set for my 350SDL yesterday, and spent quite a bit of time
shaving down shims with 800 grit sandpaper to get the size I was after.  I
have built up a good collection of shims, so I seem to be able to find the
ones I'm after with only a little modification.  It probably took me 3-4
hours, including ultrasonic cleaning of all the parts.

I use nozzles from Mercedes Source, or where ever I can get Monarks from.

As for the tester itself, I've been using the modified bottle jack from MS
for about 5 years, but I just treated myself to a real Bosch tester, the
same MB recommends for these cars.  It comes (from India!) tomorrow.

I suppose I could rebuild injectors for people on the list here, but keep
in mind my turn around time is slow with a full time job, two kids, and a
garage full of projects.  I usually charge people $75/hour to do stuff, but
I don't know if thats reasonable in this case of not.

As for the 350SDL, I just finished quite a bit of work.  I took it for a
ride yesterday and it goes like a bat out of hell.  Adjusting the injection
timing probably helped too.  The throttle response is really outstanding,
so much so I'd guess its going to be pretty impossible to drive in the snow.

Jaime

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 5:23 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Well here is the deal.  I have a pop tester so in theory I guess I could
> rebuild them, but never have.  What all is involved in it?  Replacing the
> nozzles and setting pressures with shims? Where do you get the shims?  If I
> were going to send a set of cores to be rebuilt, if I did have a set that
> is, depending on cost I would probably want my set rebuilt also and sent
> back to me after yours were done.
>

> On 5/4/2016 1:31 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
>
>> No. I have a private party who will rebuild them for me.
>>
>> Are the inclined injectors for the early style pre chamber engines?
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On May 4, 2016, at 2:06 PM, Meade Dillon via Mercedes <
>>> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Are you sending them to Mark "Greazzer" in Columbia SC?  I've very
>>> satisfied with his work.
>>>
>>> I also happen to have a spare set of the inclined injectors.

>>> Max
>>> Charleston SC
>>>
>>> On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 2:01 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes <
>>> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> My finder's fee will be one set of injectors for cores while mine are

Jaime Kopchinski
http://www.jaimekop.com/