paul wrote:
You haven't been hunting much, have you Dave?

I haven't, but most of the male members of my extended family hunt, and none of them have ever shot anyone. Are you really saying this is such a common occurance that no one thinks twice about it? I had no idea hunting was such a dangerous sport!
Guess what - the loudest voice of the democratic party (for lack of a better term)- Ted Kennedy - got drunk, drove a car into the water, killed a girl, and his political career never skipped a beat.

Actually, I kinda think it did hurt his political career. He'd probably have been a serious Presidential candidate at some point if not for that. I agree he should have faced more consequences -- the law is always different for the rich and powerful. But now we have a right-wing media echo chamber that would have made sure he was taken down. There's no corresponding force working against Republicans. Heck, look at all the abuse Clinton took over Vince Foster's death, and he didn't even have anything personally to do with that.