That's why, when considering moving to a new area I have always subscribed to a
local newspaper for at least a few months before taking the plunge.

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Dan Penoff
via Mercedes
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 4:20 PM
To: Mercedes List
Cc: Dan Penoff
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Mexicans -- story

No such thing as “good realtor”.  While we can exclude your spouse, realtors
rank right up with puffy shirt used car sales guys.  Same MO, different product.

I don’t believe any realtor worth their salt would have disclosed it if they
weren’t required to by law.  If they had issues with it, they wouldn’t have
shown the house to begin with.

This brings up an interesting subject - disclosure of stuff like this varies
from state to state.  It’s called “stigmatized property”.  California is the
only state that I know of that expressly requires disclosure of deaths or
violent acts.

Dan