That is pretty typical of legal immigrants to the USA for 200+ years. Illegals come in all flavors but too many are only looking for the freebies.
Joel Cairo via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>

BTW, on another aspect, the Mex trabajadores I would see around working on house construction worked their butts off, 7-7, as did the landscapers and any others I dealt with. I was very impressed with their work ethic, it was a lot better than some of the lazy merkins around. They had some significant motivations to work hard, make money, and better themselves, whatever the issues about them being illegals. I would gladly trade some of ours for them. We had a landscape guy, Sanchez, who showed up the first time in some clapped out little japmobile with a mower and weedwhacker and rakes and such in the trunk, just him. Hit up my wife who hired him, I usually did the mowing etc. as we had just a small lot and grass to deal with. By the time we left he had a new nice Ford F-150, 3 crews with trucks and trailers and a full suite of equipment, 3 guys per, they would show up, unload, get to work and be gone in 15min for $25. He pretty much ended up owning our little city. Run the numbers and you can see how well he was doing, starting from pretty much nothing. He worked on credit, would come around every week or two to collect, always asked if there were any problems, great customer service. If something outside the normal mowing, etc. needed to be done, he would do it himself, no stranger to hot hard work. I had him deal with the house after we left before it was sold, my neighbor kept an eye on him, no problems ever. That guy was going places.

--R

Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
June 3, 2016 at 6:33 PMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach> Certainly in this case it wouldn’t apply, since it wasn’t your house that was stigmatized. However, from an ethical standpoint I would think that they would disclose something like that or again, just not show the house.

But then again, we’re dealing with realtors. I rest my case.

Dan

Joel Cairo via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
June 3, 2016 at 6:22 PMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach> In Texas it associates with the house, it has to be disclosed if something happened in the house; otherwise, nothing needs be said.

--JC

Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
June 3, 2016 at 6:20 PMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
No such thing as “good realtor”.  While we can exclude your spouse, realtors
rank right up with puffy shirt used car sales guys.  Same MO, different product.

I don’t believe any realtor worth their salt would have disclosed it if they
weren’t required to by law.  If they had issues with it, they wouldn’t have
shown the house to begin with.

This brings up an interesting subject - disclosure of stuff like this varies
from state to state.  It’s called “stigmatized property”.  California is the
only state that I know of that expressly requires disclosure of deaths or
violent acts.

Dan

According to the NAR’s Code of Ethics, real estate agents are obligated to
discover and disclose adverse factors reasonably apparent in the properties
they deal with. Once an agent discovers, or should have discovered, an adverse
condition, she must disclose it to the buyer. With the courts increasingly
holding stigma-type defects to the same disclosure standards as physical
defects, the safest judgment call in every state is to disclose.

On Jun 3, 2016, at 6:58 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin via