R A Bennell wrote:
The injector lines are pipe. Is there any sort of
replacable seal/o-ring??? or whatever that will need to be changed too or is
it a compression type fitting? No idea what the locals will have around here
so would like to ensure I have whatever I will need on hand before giving
this a whirl.

It's a compression fitting. No seal or anything to lose. Cleanliness is very, very important. Don't let any grit get into the open lines or injectors or you'll soon have a bad injector on your hands. Covering the open ends with aluminum foil is a good idea.

When you re-install the injectors, you should install new "heat shields" -- the little discs with holes in them that go at the bottom of the injector holes. Some people have good luck re-using them, other people end up with buggered up injector threads from carbon getting into them. The shields are cheap, so I just replace them every time.