Perhaps the force of impact caused the starter brush's to unseat, or the
brush holders to move enough to ground out. If that were the case,
energizing the starter would go directly to ground, make the cables hot
[quickly] and fail to rotate the starter..

Remove starter and open it to check brush status.. could be where the issue
lays..

Just a thought..

Virus-free
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>