I suspect that impact shifted something that interrupts normal electric path and/or mechanically prevents rotation.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Meade Dillon via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Meade Dillon" <dillonm...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2016 9:40 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Starting Wilton's wrecked 124 300D

I'm going to try Kaleb's idea first, and try jumping it directly from the
battery, see if it will spin with no solenoid engagement and then see if
12.5 VDC directly to the solenoid will kick it over.

If that fails, then I'll pull the starter, take it apart and see what's
going on.  Maybe it can be revived.

If no repair is possible, I'll consider swapping the starter from my wagon
into the sedan, but the cost / benefit analysis to this exercise is
becoming a consideration.  If I had a spare starter on the shelf...

Max
Charleston SC

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 8:24 AM, Peter Frederick via Mercedes <