Just re-read the OP.. "big click" would be solenoid, sending current to
starter motor.. so brush or brush holder out of position making ground
contact would fail to rotate motor..

Either way.. starter is coming out.. I'm guessing..

Sure is easier fixing your car setting at the computer.. hahaha..

HTH,
Grant...

Virus-free
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>