I’m pretty sure it’s got pure R134a in it, from what I know about the PO.  He
was on the fringes of being a DIY’er, and not a very good one at that based on
the box of spare parts he gave me with the car.

And yes, I think the thing is cross flow condensers with systems designed for
R134a.

There were some guys who did “pure” R134a retrofits for W123 chassis cars at
one time.  I don’t know if they ever did a W126 retrofit.

I’ll roll the dice with a hydrocarbon refrigerant if it can get me good duct
temps in this climate.  Right now everything is on hold until I figure out if
the refrigerant temperature switch is bad.  I’ve got it jumpered out and I just
need to drive the car for a day or two to determine if it’s cooling better with
the fans on.  If it is, I’ll replace the switch first, as it should be turning
on under the current conditions.

Dan