I bought a big (the biggest) Samsung top-french-door, bottom drawer fridge about 1.5 yr ago, I think it is like 33cuft. The bottom ice maker quit working about 9 months ago, guy came and determined the fill tube had cracked and frozen up, replaced that and it started making ice again. This was just some little plastic tube about a foot long. But it goes on strike every few days and I have to hit the reset button on the ice maker to get it to cycle and start making ice again. The adverts say it can make up to 10lb ice a day, that is more like 10lb/wk if it keeps working. The top maker that feeds the door seems to work OK, I think I only had to recycle it once when it ran out of ice in the drawer. The bottom ice maker is now starting to get wonky again, I might call them soon and have them come and replace it.

The top ice maker holds maybe 5lb of ice, the bottom is just a big tray under the maker that the ice dumps in then slides out when you pull out the drawer.

The fridge part is kinda nice except to get the bottom meat drawer open (it is as wide as the interior) you have to open both doors. There are 2 1/2 drawers for vegs, you can open them either side with just that door open.

The guy who came said they have a lot of problems with the Samsungs and LGs and whatnot, none of them are very high quality these days and probably won't last that long as they use small motors and compressors to get the energy ratings but since they are running flat out they wear out fast. Plus that fill tube issue was a common one, go figure a $3 part fails like that so easy.

I bought the extended warranty, 3 years I think, so I am covered another 1.5yr.

My SIL has a Bosch fridge though it is not that big and is a side-by-side, but it is a nice unit.

I was going to put a dedicated ice maker in my new kitchen but my wife had a fit about it for some reason I could not understand. Last weekend we had a bunch of people here, and of course ran out of ice in about 2 hours. Sent the kids to get a coupla bags, my wife remarked we needed a bigger ice maker... duh ya think? I think that is the way to go, put one in your shed and have as much as you want.

--R