I suggest a re-write of your rental contract with specific clauses that
deal with late payments and eviction for cause.

Since you write the contract, have it reviewed by a lawyer, but don't cut
any slack to the renter for late payment, or damage to property.

Presently have 42 rent properties. Live got a lot easier when I started
being harsh up front.  Also.. suggest you pre qualify your renters just
like you were loaning them money at a bank.. which you are, by giving them
unfettered access and use of YOUR property, for rent fees. Life will have
less stress.