BZZZT!  WRONG!

Run a credit report on them.  I don’t know a leasing agency or rental owner who
doesn’t do credit checks these days.

And of course you took pictures with time/date stamps before they moved in,
too, along with a walk through inspection report that they signed off on
stating the condition of the home upon move in?

Renters can be real scumbags.  You have to assume the worst and hope for the
best.  And cover your collective ass.

Dan