Hi All,

     Today I changed the oil on my 2004 320ED 4matic using a Topsider and
extracting the oil from the top.  I patiently waited a couple of hours to make
sure all the oil was drained and the topsider indicated that 8.0 liters were
removed.  I replaced the filter with Genuine Mercedes and refilled with 8.0
liters go 5W40 Mobil 1.

Here is my issue..........  As you know Mercedes decided not to put an oil dip
stick in that year so I checked it electronically according to the manual.
Followed instructions exactly including the car being totally level.  I
consistently get a reading of 7.5 liters.

In addition I bought an after market dip stick(KM808), the type you can't leave
in the car because it is too long.  The reading on the dip stick 110 mm.  Has
anyone else experienced this issue?

Bob K