On 19/08/2016 3:28 PM, Curley McLain via Mercedes wrote:
Well, we WERE the first to reject 240 pennies to the pound, and 20 bob to a quid.

The land system here is all set up and laid out in acres. Trying to convert that to commie is just plain stupid. what is a hectare anyhow?

40 acres could be farmed by one man and a horse.
80 = quarter section
160  = half section
320 = section

Section= 1 square mile

I realize the easterners will not recognize this, since their land was laid out by englishers, not 'Mericans.

the digital system of bits and bytes is not decimal either. 32, 64, 128, 512, etc.

Randy Bennell via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
August 19, 2016 at 2:55 PM
Sort of a silly freedon in today's world.

RB

I am old enough to think in inches and miles and pounds etc but my children were educated in a metric world and they think centimeters and meters for the most part. I have arrived at a state where temperature makes sense to me in metric now. For a long while I converted but I now know that 20 is ok and 30 is hot etc.

I still convert to miles per gallon to figure out how well my vehicle is doing but of course I am thinking imperial gallons vs us gallons so it would make little sense to you anyway.

A bit of a pain to have both sets of wrenches but it is just another excuse to buy more tools and a bigger toolbox.

RB