Curley wrote:

"My favorite 454 story is how one was pulling an empty stock trailer up a long
grade, with little or no muffler, grunting and groaning. (about 1995, so it was
an 88 or 89 pickup)   I was driving the 66 IH 1500 with
probably 8000 lb of cargo up the same grade, passing him effortlessly, then
when I got beside him I stomped the pedal,  the back 2 barrels of the 392
opened up, the front end of the old 1500 rose up 3-4 inches and we accelerated
pretty fast for a truck going uphill.  no grunting or groaning, the old truck
just went.  At that point it had around 400,000 miles on it.  It was originally
a 304.  No way it would stand up and take off like that with the 304.
GIven a choice between a IH 3/4 ton with 392 4 bbl and a 454 in a gm truck, I'd
take the IH, hands down.  But you won't find one for the price of that shovey.
(IF you could fine one!)"

Ask and you shall receive.   The first thing that popped up when I opened
craigslist this morning.

https://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/5759292564.html

Its not a 392, but a 345.  But, it is still a IH truck! Needs a little
restoration, but it could be cool!

Don Snook