Definitely worthy of a Cathey Award!   Shoogoo AND caulk.

Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
September 5, 2016 at 11:45 AM
AFter fooling with the tar for entirely too long to get the bead to seat and to pump it up, I finally resorted to some caulk on the rim/bead to seal it up, which did the trick. Yesterday it popped on after about 30sec of fooling with it. Put it in the water and no leaks at the shoogoorescoo spot. Success!

Then I was screwing on the cap on the Schrader valve and the brass valve popped out of the rubber thingie that goes in the rim. Hit me in the chest not the eye. Unclear how it was being held in there but another shoogoo application awaits drying, see if that holds it. cheepcheepchineechit.

--FT