> Floyd wrote:
>
> Then I was screwing on the cap on the Schrader valve and the
> brass valve popped out of the rubber thingie that goes in the
> rim.  Hit me in the chest not the eye.  Unclear how it was being
> held in there but another shoogoo application awaits drying, see
> if that holds it. cheepcheepchineechit.

Valve stems are typically snap-in.  And the brass part should not
_ever_ separate from the rubber.

Car tires have two size holes - 0.435 and 0.625.  Standard snap-in
stems like number 413 (0.435 hole) are rated for 65 PSI.  There are
high-pressure snap-ins.  But clamp-in are a safer choice for high
pressure.

Your little tire may have a non-standard valve stem hole - but I'd
bet it's is 0.435 diameter.  Visit a FLAPS (or tire shop) and get a
new stem.  Camel is my preferred brand.  Some of the off-brand
stems I've used don't fit right, or don't seal the valve core, or
other fitment issues.