      From: Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Cc: Floyd Thursby <buggeredbenzm...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Sunday, September 4, 2016 9:09 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT little trailer tar

I managed to get the tar on the rim this afternoon just by hand. I
tired, oops, tried, a strap on it but that got it all squished up and it
wouldn't set.  I just hooked up a little electric compressor and kinda
squeezed it by hand and it finally seated and pumped up.  I ran it up to
about 30psi then stuck it in a trash bin full of water to see if there
was a leak somewhere.  Turns out the cheepchineechittar has a
circumferential slit in the sidewall just above the bead about 1/2" long
in one spot that was slowly bubbling.  Makes no sense other than a
cheepchineechittar probably using old recycled toada tar rubber or
something pulled from a knackered ship in Indja.

Deflated the tar and sprung that side off the rim then gobbed some
shoegoo on both sides and worked it in the slit.  Will reseat it tamar
and pump it up and see if the goo holds.  I'm sure it will let go again
some time in the future and I might have to try the magic foam trick.
I've got a couple of those metal carts that the tars have give out on,
even the sealer foam doesn't work so I guess nothing to lose with the
foam in a can.  Be a lot cheaper than buying more HF tars/rims even
though they are like $5 on sale.  Even fooling with cheap tubes doesn't
sound worth the bother.

Shoegoo to the rescoo!

--FT

--