Yes, but Dimitri COULD restore the unrestoreable if he wanted to. Since no one
will challenge him, he is the Grand Champion Sheet Metal Bottomfeeder  by
default, while Jim is the Grand Champion Shoe Goo Bottomfeeder; an
ultra-special category that is extremely difficult, has few practitioners, and
requires profound artistic as well as mechanical ability.
(ISAB* groupies flock around Shoe Goo Grand Champions at international
meetings.)

However, if Clay should choose to relinquish his title to Jim, then Jim would
get the rusted through, slowly collapsing Grand Champion Bottomfeeder Loving
Cup instead of Clay.

*ISAB (International Society of Automotive Bottomfeeders)
Curt Raymond wrote:
> The cars Dimitri does his sheetmetal magic on aren't really bottom feeder
> cars though, his 240D is pretty nice overall, its just got a couple problem
> areas. Jim Cathey is the real master of reviving junk. Last I heard the doors
> on the Frankenheap are sagging in on themselves. Checking the log the
> passenger seat is now trying to fall through the floor. Sounds like he's lost
> interest. Maybe that shiney new BMW is having a profound effect on him?
> -Curt

---