> Craig wrote:
>
> Is there another, better choice for virus and other things. I
> have used a free version of one whose name started with the "A",
> but I forget now which one it was.

You could try ClamAV - Free, no cost, and open source.  It is a
virus/worm/trojan scanner.  It does NOT fix your files, it does NOT
"make you safe" - it is a tool that can really help if you use it.
I'm fairly sure there is a MSWin port.

I use WinPatrol.  Scotty the watchdog keeps an eye on system files,
registry, etc and alerts me if something suspicious happens in any
of it's watch area.  Often when I install software I get a warning,
"Hey, SuperDuper program wants to set a run-once executable.  Do
you want to allow this?"  These I usually allow.  Most everything
else I say "no".

Again, it doesn't "keep you safe" - it provides insight on what is
happening and lets the user choose what to do.  Good for aware
users - not so good for the clueless.