I had an 87 Blazer, same truck. Very agricultural. Not much to go wrong. I really liked it but it pretty much rusted out around the back tailgate (NE truck).

TBI engine is your basic 350, would probably benefit from a EFI upgrade that is readily available, or just a new carb. There is minimal emissions junk on it. There is an app I found, and made a little dongle to plug into the port, to watch what the TBI engine is doing on this app on an XP laptop.

If it is in nice shape, it would probably run pretty much forever, not a lot to go wrong, and what might go wrong is eminently fixable. I put a new tranny on mine at some point, which is sitting in the garage attached to a new engine I put in it (and then removed when I gave the hulk away).

--FT

On 9/16/16 12:35 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
Thats a beauty.
'87 is the first year for the injected engine I think but theres not much that goes wrong
with them. I wouldn't say its a "great" engine, its underpowered for its
displacement but that does make them rugged. 3/4 ton will ride rougher than a 1/2 ton
will and of course with live axles this won't handle terrifically well. Mileage won't be
terrific but then again we've already discussed that if you don't drive all that much it
probably doesn't matter.
-Curt

       From: Donald Snook via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
  To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Donald Snook <d...@snooklawllc.com>
  Sent: Friday, September 16, 2016 12:32 PM
  Subject: [MBZ] OT: Suburban
What do you all think of this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GMC-Suburban-/172337688513?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2820206fc1%3Ag%3AYqIAAOSwknJX1Ig0&item=172337688513
  Too see the pictures you have to look in the description.

I'm not looking for comments about it is ugly or things like that.  I know the
350 TBI is a great engine and this is a ¾ ton, so it has the heavy duty
suspension and heavy duty transmission.

I am asking because I am trying to look at this without emotion.  I have always
liked the big square suburbans and this is my favorite colors (on the
exterior).  So, I am trying not be blinded by the fact that I like these.

Too me, it looks like it is in great shape and I don't see any real evidence of
rust other than minor surface rust on the underside.  But, am I looking in the
wrong place?

Don Snook

--FT