      From: rogerhga--- via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: "List, Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: roger...@comcast.net
 Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 10:25 AM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Q for Larry

I'll add my usual different opinion on oil. I've used Mobil 1 Delvac 15x40 in
my two old 617s for around 20 years. Neither one has had the head off nor any
engine problems. One has around 425,000 miles and the other around 360,000
miles. I tried the other oils at first (Delo, Shell, etc.), but Delvac kept the
oil pressure slightly higher when hot, was fine in the Winter (although I live
in the Atlanta area, but have seen some cold), and really keeps the soot and
dirt in circulation so it all drains out at the oil change. I always encourage
people to use what works for them. I'm just passing on what has worked for
years for me. And yes I used to drive a lot so I changed oil every 3K and that
was sometimes every 1.5-2 months.
Best Wishes,
Roger
Roger Hale