Some people are weird that way. just because they don't want it, they don't want anyone else to get use out of whatever they throw away. Same people chase away people picking up cans or dumpster diving or picking up things at the curb.

Curt Raymond via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
September 19, 2016 at 4:24 PM
Some years ago a co-worker was using Mobil 1 in his Mercury Marauder and changing at 2,500 miles. He wasn't using the car hard or racing it or anything, he gave the typical "Its cheap insurance" argument. I asked him if I could have the old oil. I told him I'd put it in the Ranger, that the oil was just barely broken in. That caused him to actually read the manual and change to the official Mercury OCI of 7500 miles. He seemed genuinely offended when I asked for the oil, I find that strange, it was something he was going to throw out anyway...

-Curt