Well, I'll say this slightly tongue in cheek. I do know more than MB engineers
because I would NEVER have put a Chrysler servo in an MB car. After have
replaced that item many times in my 80 300SD, I have to wonder "what were they
thinking"? Again, when I look at how dirty the oil is at 3K, I'm ok with the
extra expense of a shorter change interval. And with no engine problems at
425,000 miles, I consider it a cheap price to keep the engine internals, IP,
etc. working ok.
Best Wishes,
Roger
Roger Hale