Stocked up on TP and seltzer water (stores were devoid of "flat" water) so
we're going to hunker down and wait it out.  Unless we don't.

Forecast has improved a bit overnight, looks like the odds of hurricane
force winds are between 10-20% over the next five days, according to NOAA.
Odds of tropical storm force winds are 50-60%.  Hurricane arrival pushed
back from Friday evening to Saturday morn.

Meanwhile, all schools / offices / etc are closed today, including my work
location, so we will probably spend the day (and the next and the next)
prepping for winds and rain, moving some stuff inside and securing the
furniture on the back porch.  Good excuse to test run the generator for a
bit, maybe purchase some extension cords.  I'm also thinking about getting
a new burner for our gas grill and putting that back into operation, in
case we need to cook during an extended power outage.