Sheesh, nothing new there, just a crazy big price tag because a bowtie was involved.

Sinatra's house was featured in Better homes and gardens in what? 1980? Maybe 1979. I finished up the walls for it in May of 1979. 10" reinforced concrete. Bowtie had 2 layers of #4 rod at 6" O.C. Stupid. I think we ended up with 1 layer at 12" OC and that was probably overkill.

You can't find the house now unless you know it is there. I talked to the current owner in about 1994, and he was quite happy. I didn't like it because there were no interior walls and the sound bounced all over.

The whole development was supposed to be earth berm/earth roof, but nobody built there after the first 2 houses. So they changed the covenants, and now it looks pretty much like any other subdivision, except for a few places where the sumac that Sinatra specified still exist. The last house built there is a "HEY LOOK AT ME" 3 story monstrosity. Opposite from the original vision....
Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
October 7, 2016 at 2:10 PM
I really want to move into a place like this permanently, even though it's
just a guesthouse...

http://inhabitat.com/green-roofed-colorado-home-is-buried-into-the-earth-to-save-energy/