Jaime, The reason that I would like to have a Sanden or a Denso like on my wifes truck is because I have over the years in working on cars found that the seals on the R4 hose connections to be crappy at best. They tend to leak very easily and it doesn't take much to have them totally blow out. years ago when I worked in a shop they had tons of work from people who had that happen over and over. I myself at the time didn't do much AC work but I watched so many repairs and replacements of those compressors due to the seals letting go. I want to get away from that.

In contrast, my wife's truck has over 284K miles on it and the original AC compressor and freon charge are still in there and doing a great job. I'm in Florida so you know what kind of work that system has to do, day in day out, it's running almost all the time all year long.

Manfred

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 19:55:11 -0400
From: Jaime Kopchinski <jaime...@gmail.com>

The Sanden conversion for the R4 cars is a solution in search of a
problem.  R4 compressors work well and are readily available.  Why go
through all the trouble?  To save a couple of horse power?

Plus, if you're not careful, you end up with a chinese Sanden compressor,
which most on the market are.  But I guess that could happen with an R4
also.

I can understand it for york cars somewhat, but I'm more inclined to keep
those original now too, since cars with York compressors are quickly
becoming classics, if not already.  And this is coming from a guy who has
done these conversions on a few W108s.

Jaime

On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 6:59 PM, MG via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>