A few months ago the Genie screw type overheard door began acting up, so I
sprayed all the moving parts with a Liquid Wrench preparation that was
specifically for overhead doors. It worked fine after that treatment for 2 or 3
weeks, then started acting up again. I sprayed it again, and it behave again
for a week or ten days.
Then it began even stranger kinds of behaviour and I began to suspect an
electronic problem since the infrared safety beam would flicker after each of
its conniptions.
Finally, I called an internet company that specialized in overhead door parts,
and they suggested replacing the main circuit board, so I ordered one.

I had already sprayed Deoxit on the infrared units connections and the
connectors on the circuit boards, but had not removed and re-installed them, so
on a hunch I managed to pull the connector on the PC board partially out and
soak it with Deoxit.
The door still acted up. So much for Deoxit.
A day later I pushed the button to raise the door, expecting I would have to
move it up and down until it fully opened, but the door smoothly opened like it
did when it was new 20 years ago.
On return from town it also worked flawlessly. It's been doing that now for
several days, so fingers are crossed, but I have a feeling that corrosion in
the PC boards main connector was the cause, and that the door is fixed.
Time will tell, and if it does mess up again, the new board will be on the
shelf.
The point is that Deoxit has made the door open and close like a new one.
Gerry
P.S. I use liquid Deoxit which comes in a pump type can.

---