I didn't think about bicycles in my previous reply, what you say makes sense,
especially if you had headphones in.
Still, you need to be aware of your surroundings, head on a spring and all...
-Curt

      From: Max Dillon via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Max Dillon <dillonm...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 9:52 AM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT Can you hear my Pious now?

A bicycle rider experiences wind noise and their own breathing noise that can
completely drown out any reasonably quiet vehicle.  In my college days I rode a
mountain bike all over the UW Madison Wisconsin campus, and I had to pay very
close attention to the buses with engines in the rear, they could overtake me
and I wouldn't get any audibles, only visuals.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC