that is my guess. I don't know if you could safely pump it in with a vac pump. I'd guess you could pump it in with an old refrigerator compressor with refrig valves soldered on. Jim is the guru of test refrig. Maybe he'll tell us.

Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
November 26, 2016 at 10:28 AM
How would it work? Would the pressures allow the butane to flash into the propane tank, or to run in as a liquid? Start off with an empty propane tank then get the butane in there, then add the proper amount of propane?

--FT (no gas tables at hand at the moment)