I have also used it with excellent results!  When the compressor blew on the
123 (totally unrelated to the ES-12) the mech used good AC parts from a
recently wrecked 300CD and filled with R-12. That was in 2013, and I have not
had to charge since.

I had some cans left over, so Dimitri and I put it into his ’78 240D with a
York compressor, and I think he had ice cold air for almost a week.  It leaked
out.  That’s next summer’s project.

Jon