beats "election" by bombs and machine guns. Idi Amin, Basher asad, 'Dolfie, Stalin, mao...most "leaders" in the world history were "elected" by clubbing, stabbing, cutting, hacking, shooting or bombing other people until there was no more resistance. Our country, and a few others in the last couple hundred years or so are unique in that we choose leaders mostly without bloodshed.

Mountain Man via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 18, 2016 at 4:16 PM

It is not a red/blue issue... or, is it? There are arguments about
all phases of voting (electoral college, I.D., etc.). Is vote an
archaic method?
tin-man-mao