hahaha! I was hopeful that I had not disappointed Curley to that point
quite yet...

So is it worth flying to California to buy a "perfect" 123 wagon for 16K?
Opinions please.....  I do know there is no such thing as a perfect car,
but, you can get it pretty close.  It is a guy on peachparts and he is
going to be sending me pictures.  bwhitmore is the user name.  He doesnt
have a gallery so I couldnt see the car.  Here is what he sent me.

*Kyle - I have a 1983 300TD wagon that fits your description however I am
in Southern California and my price is $16K. The car is white with Palomino
interior with 137, 545 miles. Everything (AC, cruise, SLS, engine trans,
door locks, etc.) works perfectly. I am the second owner of the car which
was sold new by Stahl Motors Mercedes in Monterey, Ca (now called Mercedes
of Monterey). I have all service records since new plus all of the original
manuals for the car. The car is 95% original paint with no rust ever. The
hood and the small panels below the headlights were painted due to stone
chips. The interior is immaculate with a no crack dash and perfect Zebrano
wood. The carpets and seats (MBTex) are like new including the cargo area
carpet. Work on the car within the last year includes: New AC
compressor/receiver drier/expansion valve Rebuilt transmission New, genuine
MBZ vacuum pump New genuine MBZ timing chain and guides/tensioner New
genuine MBZ SLS accumulators New tires I am a W123 enthusiast and also own
a W123 coupe and sedan. The work mentioned above (with the exception of the
AC work and transmission) was done as part of my routine maintenance
schedule. The car has received regular 3,000 mile oil changes along with
fuel filters every 6,000 miles and valve adjustment every 8,000 miles. If
interested, I am glad to send pictures. Thanks. Bill Whitmore*