Aha. Looks like I remembered backwards. Not too uncommon.

Manfred

Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes wrote:
That flat one is the updated version. The round multiple piece one is the old
version.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 29, 2017, at 7:19 AM, MG via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

Just didn't want you to think it wouldn't fit. Though I don't know why they
decided to switch to the newer round version on the 123 and stayed with the
flat thing on the SD. At first that flat one was used on all of them or so I
have found other people to say. Haven't done any research of my own on that.

Manfred

Rick Knoble via Mercedes wrote:
Yup. Just pointing out the reason I was unsuccessful in my part number search.
Rick ‎
But will work just fine on a 617. I have one on my 83 300TD.
Manfred
‎