I had a 68 Chevy C10 with an inline 6 for over 20 years.
That is my kind of engine to work on. Can see and reach pretty much anything - so long as you have a box to stand on! My boat is even better. 165HP Mercruiser - 250 cid inline Chevy 6 with the doghouse that is removable so it is not in the way.

RB

On 01/02/2017 11:10 AM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
I think it probably looks worse than it is, once you take those big plastic
things off it'd be better.
My Jetta is a bit of a bugger for being crunched it but I suspect that kind of
comes with the territory if you want 50mpg.
-Curt

       From: Randy Bennell via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
  To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
  Sent: Wednesday, February 1, 2017 11:54 AM
  Subject: Re: [MBZ] Good Deal on an Mustang - I mean SL...
Seats can be repaired.
Looking at the under hood photo leads me to believe that I would not
enjoy doing any work on that engine.
A bit too squeezed in for my liking.

RB

On 01/02/2017 9:21 AM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
A rip in the seat is a big red flag, esp. since there was no photo of said
rip.

Otherwise, this is a timeless classic... of non-design.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 8:21 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes <