Yep. I owned a half dozen during the '50s and '60s, but when wife got T-boned
and nearly broke her neck, I bought our first Mercedes, a 110.

The Prius, with about 2 million sold to date and half of those sold in the
U.S., is a fine little around-town car, but it will never be as popular as the
Beetle.
"With 21,529,464 produced, the Beetle is the longest-running and
most-manufactured car of a single platform ever made.

"The Volkswagen Beetle - officially the Volkswagen Type 1, informally in
Germany the Volkswagen Käfer(Germ. beetle), in Poland the Volkswagen Garbus
(Pol. hunchback) and in the U.S. the Volkswagen Bug - is a two-door, four
passenger, rear-engine economy car manufactured and marketed by German
automaker Volkswagen (VW) from 1938 until 2003.
The need for this kind of car, and its functional objectives, was formulated by
the leader of Nazi Germany, Adolf Hitler, who wanted a cheap, simple car to be
mass-produced for his country's new road network. Hitler contracted Ferdinand
Porsche in 1934 to design and build it. Porsche and his team took until 1938 to
finalise the design...snip"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Beetle

> VW Bug is still sold in this country, and I see them everywhere. Hell, I
> own one.
> EdB
>
> On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 2:38 PM, OK Don via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> wrote:
>
> > You do have to consider that the VW bug was sold in this country for almost
> > 40 years with very minor changes. A cheby sedan changed considerably in
> > that time frame.

---