Ground? I had the fuel and temp gauges quit because of a cluster ground. They'd
bounce forlornly when the blinkers were on leading me to believe theres some
grounding commonality there...
-Curt

      From: Curley McLain via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Curley McLain <126die...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Monday, March 6, 2017 5:05 PM
 Subject: [MBZ] 123 weirdness

took the 81 240D (123.123.12) out of winter storage a few days ago.
Fired as soon is one jug hit the compression stroke.

Driving round today, I saw the fuel and temp gauges quit working.  As I
went about my errends, some 60 miles, I kept jiggling the key, but the
gauges stayed dead.  The windows are also dead, as are the turn signals,
or at least the indicator.  Since I did not hear the clicking, I believe
the signals are dead too.

The dome light and radio (and antenna) work.

At first I thought it was a bad switch, but no amount of off/on or
wiggling has restored function.  If the Aux wire came loose at the
starter, I should not have anything working, including the starter solenoid.

Anyone BTDT?

Anyone got the schematic handy?

Am am wondering if a screw/wire came out on the back of the ign switch.
Beyond that, I am not sure what feeds the cluster windows and blinker.

Obviously, Clay should send me dome of the mystical M1 blinker fluid,
so I can change and refill it.

BTW, it runs great and 4 segments of ~10 miles or so eye-tal-yun tuneup
were good for it.