The flasher relay in the 123 is clipped to the front of the shifter housing under the wood and does both the 4 ways and the blinkers, all routed through the 4 way switch. If it doesn't make good contact in the off position it will cause the blinkers not to work. Found that out many times already due to my habit of setting cups on the center console switches when I get out. Sometimes tips the switch just enough so the blinkers don't work when I get back in. Probably not the problem in this case since he said that he worked the switch back and forth quite a few times and it didn't help. I'm assuming he meant the 4 way switch and not the blinker switch.

Loosen the bolts and use contact cleaner on the ground points behind the instruments? Can't hurt.

clay via Mercedes wrote:
Could be the ground, or the flasher relay. Not sure if it lives behind the cluster or if the W123 had it built into the 4 way flasher. Removing the switches and some contact cleaner helps at times.
clay

On Mar 6, 2017, at 4:19 PM, Curley McLain via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>