The Blinker relay, 4 way switch and the dash blinker indicator lights are all grounded behind the dash. You have to have a good ground there for the relay to work reliably.

Curley McLain via Mercedes wrote:
Ground seems to be the only commonality for windows, gauges but not turn signals, as those are grounded at the 4 corners I think

On the 124, the windows are grounded under the tunnel, near the gearshift. I don't know where the ground for 123 windows may be.

I've never scrapped a 123, so I am at a bit of a disadvantage.

Curt Raymond via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
March 6, 2017 at 6:42 PM
Ground? I had the fuel and temp gauges quit because of a cluster ground. They'd bounce forlornly when the blinkers were on leading me to believe theres some grounding commonality there...
-Curt