Our local transfer station (we still call it the dump) has a 500 gallon waste
oil tank. I just take it there when I've got a few gallons and I need to take
out the trash.
-Curt

      From: Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:28 AM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] March car upgrades

I used to take my waste oil to the local oil change place when wife had her
Mazda 6.  They knew me from that car and didn’t seem to care how much I
brought.  After we ditched the Mazda and stopped patronizing them they would
fuss about it so I just went to the Advance Auto.

There are two Advance Autos within a mile of my house.  One of them is a
regular store and they’re always sticking a sign in the window about their oil
tank being full.  The other store is in a former CVS that was shut down.  It’s
huge.  They use it for a sort of mini regional warehouse, so it often has stuff
in stock the other stores don’t.  It’s also the one with the 500 gallon waste
oil tank. And, as an added bonus, one of my oldest son’s friends works there so
he always notices me when I come in.

I don’t think they would care how much waste oil I brought in.

-D