Yeah, I was reaching the point of saturation as far as how much money I wanted
to put into this car before I either sold it off for profit or turned it over
to the oldest boy for the proceeds of the sale of his S420.

I’m into it for around $2000 including the purchase price, and it’s near
perfect.  Given that it’s a W126 it will be far easier and cheaper to maintain
than the S420.

As I said previously, I’ll do the upper control arms and the other piddly stuff
and it will be pretty much 100%.  I’m comfortable with that.  Once I get
concurrence from SWMBO I’ll take down the ads.

I got an interesting, even sort of sleazy spam on CL this morning.  The person
said they were interested in my “Mercedes” (note the failure to be specific)
but they wanted to know if I had any sort of history report on it, like a
CarFax.  They linked to a vehicle history service and talked about how good it
was when they used it before because it only cost $10 versus $30 or more for
the “others”.

I told them I had a CarFax for it and if they wanted a copy I would provide it.
 Never got a reply.

-D