Yes, the serpentine belt turns it

--R

On 4/13/17 1:24 PM, Craig via Mercedes wrote:
On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 12:39:54 -0400 Floyd Thursby via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

Yesterday I was driving my 96 chebby p/u to take new wheels to that car
I am looking at, I stopped for a quick errand in a shopping center, was
backing out of the parking space, steering got hard, heard the limit
whatever open up and hiss, then no PS any more.  Fluid was at right
level so I am wondering if the pump crapped out or the booster thingie
(I have not actually looked at it yet so not sure what is under there)
on the steering gear went out.  Any thoughts on this?
I'll give you $500 for it.  :-)

Craig

P.S. Is the pump pulley turning when the engine is running?

--FT
Winston Churchill:
“Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or
petty,
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.
Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the
enemy.”