I drove 47 and 48 chevys, 66, 68, and 70 IH trucks (not pickups) without PS. It puts muscles on your shoulders. Same for many tractors. no PS until we got the frod 900. it had PS, but it only lasted for a year. JD 2020, 1530 had PS. Maybe you need to buy the manual steering box to make thing easier. My first MB did not have PS or PB. My second MB came with PB, but no PS. It is much lighter to steer than a SDL with PS.

But yes, I am just razzin' ya!

Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
April 13, 2017 at 2:39 PM
I did that yesterday! It was kinda unsafe as it is extremely hard to turn the wheel.

--FT