https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCecdOBCFjI
Sometimes your assumptions are wrong.
-Curt

      From: Randy Bennell via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
 Sent: Tuesday, May 9, 2017 11:56 AM
 Subject: [MBZ] auto safety information sources?

Anyone have any good suggestions on researching auto safety records?

I have been looking online but it seems to be more difficult than it
ought to be. I keep coming up with information on new vehicles but
little on used ones.

The powers that be want me to believe that a tiny new car is safer than
a larger old car because it has some new fangled electronic doodads that
might prevent me from wandering into an oncoming lane etc.

I am really more interested in something that will provide superior
protection if some texting driver happens to run into me when I do not
have time or space to dodge out of the way.

I know you folks think that the older MB's are wonderful cars when it
comes to safety but I am curious as to how they and others compare.

For example, I always thought that the Ford Crown Victoria should be
reasonably safe as it is a larger car etc but apparently the fuel tank
is in a bad spot and serious rear end collisions are bad news with them.
I assume it would be similar for the Lincolns which were built on the
same chassis.

I have no interest in buying a new car but I am interested in finding a
larger used car. I have been driving the Honda Civic that I acquired
from my mother and it is a nice little car but a bit too little for my
tastes. It gets good fuel mileage but I do not want to be in it if it
gets hit by something bigger.

RB