I believe that the FF (founding fathers) would disagree about
characterizing them as constitutional: "We hold these truths to be
self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by
their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

There was no Bill of Rights in the first draft of the Constitution because
(a) an intent of the design was to LIMIT government, not mankind, and (b)
listing out these rights might leave out some and give leeway for the
government to infringe on them in the future.

Max
Charleston SC