Dan where did you find this info? I did a quick look on the DMV site and couldn't find anything on it.

Dan--- via Mercedes wrote:
I don't recall what the threshold is, but in Florida you can do "year of issue"
plates on cars older than a certain number of years. It's a one time flat fee, which is
nice, since if you're planning on keeping the car for any amount of time you can save a
chunk of change.

Try researching the classic/collector/antique registrations in different
states. It's a crazy patchwork quilt of laws, none of which are consistent
between states.

-D

On May 10, 2017, at 12:24 PM, Mitch Haley via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>