Liberals love to be generous!  ....
BUT ONLY WITH OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY
"Registration fees" is one way they get other people's money to be generous with.
Mitch Haley via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
May 10, 2017 at 11:24 AM
I forget what a historic vehicle plate costs in MI, but it's not out of the "let's go to the bar and grab a big pizza and some beer" range. Less than a regular annual plate for any of my cars. It's good for driving to historic vehicle events and the occasional joyride. If a cop sees you driving it to work repeatedly at 8am, he will pull you over.

The regular classic plate is good for ten years, but if you have an old annual plate from the year the car was made (like a 1972 plate for your 1972 W109), you only have to pay one registration fee for as long as you own the car. $100 a year is mind-boggling to me for a car that can't be used for daily transportation.

Mitch.